Saturday, December 5, 2009

Anyone have any advice for getting better at time management?

I'm OCD about some things - like for example I get some of my homework done in the time that other people would have all their homework done with time to spare. I make things perfect and neat and if they aren't, I'll erase it until it's perfect. I also procrastinate and overestimate the amount of time I have to do something. Therefore I'm always either late turning things in, getting back to people (phone calls, e-mails, etc.), or I'm late going to places. I always push doing things to the last possible second and then I totally stress trying to get things done on time / be places on time. I nanny two kids in the summer Monday-Thursday and I'm always speeding to get to their house on time because I wanted 10 more minutes of sleep. I also tend to go on the computer to look something up, lose track of time, and when I look at the clock it's like an hour later (for something that should have taken me 2 min.)! Any advice anyone could give me would be much appreciated!



Anyone have any advice for getting better at time management?comedy show



03JUNE2007



Hello, yes just my personal method but if it were not for this tool I'd be lose from second-to-second. Get you a good Day-Timer, or other brand name and carry that with you like it's your best boyfriend/girlfriend. Along with it to assist you in staying on the computer get you a small kitchen timer/clock.



This is a normal clock and a count down/ count up stop watch that is looking you right in the face, so you will know what time you have spent doing anything. In the Day-Timer, write down what you are going to be doing the next day at set the time needed for that project and stick with it.



It will require sometime and real effort on your part to buy the tool and then very hard effort to start putting it into use. But when you have broken this wall down you will not go anywhere without you Day-Times.



Well that's my 2 cents, for you. Do hope you can find some help and support from this post.



Sincerely,



jdb, txredneck



Anyone have any advice for getting better at time management?greek theater opera theater



sometimes it's just all about self-control. if you don't have that, you don't have anything. i, too, am bad with time management because i rarely have a hectic schedule, but when i do, i freak out! i used to get so stressed that it made me throw up and i would be overly tired all the time. I got a marker board for myself and I write a space for Sunday through Saturday of things that must be done throughout the day and a time frame for all those things. The marker board is right next to my bed so I see it all the time. After telling myself constantly that I must do things quickly without distraction or added movements, I generally get them done rather quickly. Good luck and I think a marker board would be a good investment.
Well, you must have the willpower to actually get a place on time or do something. What I do is that I give an estimated amount time to finish an homework, like probably 10 or 15 minutes to finish a certain assignment. If i don't finish, then i give a max of a 10 minute extension. if I don't finish by then, i go on to the next assignment and go back to the first assignment and work on it.



to get toplaces on time i use a PDA and set the alarm on the time i g2g somewhere. If i'm at school, i have a watch and i usually set the alarm on to the appointed time. Also I recommend you check your watch ocansionally.
Don't be so stressed abt ur problem it is a general problem with the youth. At least u have recognized the draw back now u have to work on it



Always good to enlist ur jobs with approx time n try to finish it that given time and don't forget to tick off that



I n the beginning u may not finish everything but with time u discipline urself and trust me it will go a long way in ur life



As a child i did this exercises and till date i do it once a week i make a list and on Thursday i tick off almost 90% of the jobs



Good Luck n God Bless
Something that has assisted and empowered me in dealing with time management, scheduling, and "having it all" is participating in the Landmark Forum and Landmark Education's Curriculum For Living. I love to share with people the many results in my life of participating . E-mail me if you would like to hear more. ( great question, by the way... I am an organizing consultant and can offer assistance,one on one!)
I understand you completely! It was just like that in my life also... but then something changed. I took some time off just for myself to really find out what I want in life and how to get there. And while I was relaxing, enjoying my time, someone introduced me to YES+, a time-management program for youths, coming from The Art of Living Foundation. And so I took a 6-day course and everything changed...the time is the same, but I'm not.



Check it out wherever you live , I recommend it from heart :o)
There is a free ecourse on time management, I think it's pretty useful cos i subscribe to it.
Nobody's perfect, so stop trying to be...Being late for your job though is not very good, so set your alarm earlier by ten minutes..Your homework is neat enough the first time, so leave it...The teacher is going to check it, mark it then give it back to you, you are supposed to be learning, not being fanatical about how it looks..If you have things to do at certain times and time gets away from you, then buy a watch with an alarm and set it on the times you are suppose to be somewhere or meet someone...



All the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery