Thursday, December 10, 2009

Late Payments on Credit Cards, Removing From Credit Report?

I recently got a copy of my credit report %26amp; it shows a 60 day late payment on my Sears card %26amp; a 30 day late for my Providian card. Both of these are accurate, however took place in 2001. Is there any way I could get these late payments removed from my credit?



Is anyone willing to share a sample letter they may have used to do this or a link to a letter like this?



Late Payments on Credit Cards, Removing From Credit Report?opera ticket



If the report is accurate, the only thing that will take it off is time. That time should be very soon, 5-7 years it will cycle off. If you have been on time with all payments since this occured, you should have no problems.



One sure way to avoid late payments is have them on auto draft out of your checking account. This will prevent late payments and keep your interest rates LOW! I went from an AmEx black card in 2001 to broke in 2002 so trust me I know about credit repair. Happy to report the empire has been rebuilt and the black card has returned.



If you have not been late since 01 your fico score should be 700+.



Late Payments on Credit Cards, Removing From Credit Report?pacific theater opera theater



If the report is accurate there is nothing you can do. It can stay on your report for anywhere from 7-10 yrs. That's the law. After 10 yrs if it is still on there you can contact the bureau to update it. Sometimes it can take them up to 90 days to make a correction.
The fact is that these items are not affecting your score any longer and disputing them at this point may get them removed but is not necessary.



As a lender I can safely say that this late is not considered in an evaluation for credit worthiness.



For more info on managing a credit score check my blog.
Call the companies involved and tell them they need to submit a change to the credit bureaus. This should definately not still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery