Thursday, December 10, 2009

Question about late assignment?

I had an assignment due for a class, but turned it in late because I was sick and unable to finish it on time. I do not have insurance and I wasn't sick enough to go to the doctor, so I don't have a written excuse. When I emailed my late assignment to my prof a few days late I explained the situation and she replied that she will talk to me about it after class today. What can I do to convince her that I really was sick and shouldn't get a ton of points taken off for being late? The assignment is 20% of my grade.



Question about late assignment?ballet theater



Be honest, but don't be surprised if you don't get a favorable response.



If this happens in the future, your chances will be better if you make an attempt to email the instructor when you're sick to tell her/him you're sick and ask for an extension. If it happens before the deadline, the prof will probably be more sympathetic. Afterwards, it just sounds like an excuse for missing a deadline.



Think of school like you would a job: if you have a job and get sick, you call in right away, explain the situation, and make arrangements to deal with work you need to do. The same goes for your classes.



Question about late assignment?chicago theater opera theater



Let her know your situation without whining, be confident. Tell her you value your education and you won't make a habit out of it. You can also offer to write an additional one page paper to make up your abscence.
The simple answer is that you shouldn't expect anything. You're an adult and you need to take responsibility for your actions. In the real world, if you miss a deadline, there are no second chances.



Most professors have a 'tough-luck' attitude where there are no excuses. If you are alive, you are responsible for getting the work done and turned in on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery