Saturday, December 5, 2009

Late period due to being ill?

I had a horrible virus for 4 days which started the day my period was supposed to start. I didn't eat a whole lot other than jello and peanut butter sandwhiches and lots of water. I had a fever during this time. I have read that being sick can cause your period to be late but I have also read that if you get sick after ovulation than it shouldn't matter and you should still get it. So do you think my period is late because I was sick or should I get a test. I really don't want to waste my time with a test if my period is late due to being ill.



Late period due to being ill?imax theatre



Illness will delay ovulation, not your period. Once you ovulate, your period due date is set, no matter what (well, unless you conceived).



So unless this virus was brewing around ovulation time, it's not the cause of your period being late.



Bear in mind, you could have ovulated late for another reason. So if you really don't want to test yet, you could give it another week and then test.



If it were me, I would just take a test.



Good luck.



Late period due to being ill?performing show opera theater



Illness will delay ovulation, but it won't lengthen your luteal phase. You may be pregnant. Good luck!!!
If you don't eat enough you won't have a period. But I think is a gradual and not a one-day thing.



If you have had sex within the last month or so, I would test. If not, it's just a late period.



How long has it been since your last period? Wait 3 weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery