Thursday, December 10, 2009

Late bloomer, early bloomer.. wah??

ok i know ive already asked a question similar to this but.. well im 13 years old and a half and very short in height. I dont know my exact height, but im still a bit below 5 feet. I just got my period like a year and 3 months ago. i hear a lot of people say that you stop growing at 14, 16, 18, 21, etc. but im talking about height wise. and then i told my friend about it how i was really depressed and worried about my height. i told her how ive had my period for a while.. then she says i might be a late bloomer!!? what does late and early bloomer mean? i always thought it meant when u get ur growth spurt (which i always thought you get at the beginning of puberty). or can you get ur growth spurt after your period? what does early and late bloomer mean?



Late bloomer, early bloomer.. wah??paramount theater



it juste means ur system is a little slow...you mmight be abnormally short ut juste under 5 feet isnt verry bad...actually most men think a shorter woman is more atractive...your gonna grow more..probably somewhere around 5 foot 6 give or take a couple inches..i was about 5 foot at that age and now im 16 and 6,1 in height lol it happens over night so dont worry



Late bloomer, early bloomer.. wah??theatre opera theater



Everybody grows at diff. rates. I think "early" %26amp; "late" mostly refers to growth spurt. I started at 13.5, but I don't remember a real growth spurt (5' in 7th, 5'4" maybe in 9th?, 5'7" in 12th). If you're almost 5' at 13.5, you may likely grow to 5'4" to 5'8". How tall are your parents %26amp; grandparents? Try this calculator out for kicks (I think it will be pretty accurate for my 2 kids)



http://parentcenter.babycenter.com/calcu...



The main thing is embrace who you are, where you are, how you are. Find what's good about you %26amp; explore ways to expand those areas! I spent too much time feeling down %26amp; sorry for myself b/c I didn't always "fit in" that I missed a lot of life. I've been learning to enjoy myself %26amp; trying to teach my toddlers this very thing. Good luck!
Since you are already 13 and a female (males develop later than females), you are just about done growing height-wise. it is possible that you will get to about 5 ft though, because there isn't an exact age at when you stop growing.



Honestly, I don't think you are a late bloomer (developed late). You are developing right on schedule like everyone else, so don't worry about it. Also, what is wrong with being short? I am short too. You may be worrying about it a lot now (maybe because of boys?), but when you are a little older, you are going to be a lot more attractive to guys than the taller girls, so don't worry about it!!



Edit: the other posters are guys, and apparently don't realize that males continue growing longer than females....you aren't going to get anywhere near 5'6...lol...a guy would continue to grow around 13, 14, 15 yrs, but a girl won't grow much at all.
What?! Why are you sad about being small? Get this: the majority of guys love girls that are petite. Okay, I used to hate being short too when I was younger but I've learned to love being tiny. I make fun of myself all the time, but short people seriously rule. hahaha It's like...comparing a penguin to a flamingo. Wouldn't you rather be short and cute as opposed to awkward and gangley?



I love my metaphores.



I have lots of friends who are really tall and NONE of them like it believe me. They all say, "I hate being tall..no guys want a girl that's taller than them!" Late bloomer, early bloomer, it really don't matter.



Just love being one of the short kids.
have your mother ask your family doctor about human growth hormone.
Being short should have nothing to do with whether or not you are developing. I was very athletic, 5'4", in high school, got my period when I was barely 17 yrs. old. I am married, have a son, and am still athletic, and 5'5'. Everyone is totally different. Ask Mom or Dad for family history to see what your genetics may have in store for you. Please do not stress over your personal concerns, I am sure you will develop into a fine young lady. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery