Thursday, December 10, 2009

Late to Job Interview?

I know that running late to an interview is BAD but in my case, I thought that I was going to be late so I called in 5 mins before and told the interview that I was running a few mins late because of traffic on the bridge. She said that it was fine and not to worry about it. Turns out that I got there on time with a min to spare.



Was it a bad move for me to call in thinking that I was going to be when actually, I made it on time?



Late to Job Interview?theatre



that was great it shows responsiblity and you made an effort to make it on time using communication is a great key to success in an interview



Late to Job Interview?opera music opera theateryou soooo welcome keep up that postivie vibe Report It


nope, you will have gained points for that in their book
Not at all, you can't control traffic and if they can't understand that, then probably you shouldn't work there
No, It was good you called just to be safe. Plus... one min on your clock could be 3 min late on her clock.
no i think it will impress them more to know that you bothered to ring
actually you sounded great hun



:D



just dont worry about it!! hope you'll get chosen :)
Better safe than sorry. You did the right thing. Hopefully the receptionist told her boss so you can get some extra credit.
The employer is looking for people they can depend on so the best thing would be to show up on time. If you really are going to be late then second best is to call with a good reason. In my last job i showed up early for work every day and my motto was that it was much better to show up ten minutes early than five minutes late and if you are going to get fired for any reason... showing up late is a pretty sorry reason to get fired. When you call in saying traffic problems that is always avoidable by simply leaving ten minutes earlier and the only valid excuse for that is if the boss sees the problem on the six oclock news. I would worry about hiring someone who calls to say they will be late and then shows up on time because that seems pretty scatter brained
I wouldn't hire you. It shows that you don't care enough to prepare for important events. Very bad first impression.
I agree with the majority of responses... you showed responsibility by thinking about them and their time. What's the alternative... to not call and take a chance being late?
No. That just shows the interviewer that you are considerate and respectful of their time.



Trilli

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery