Thursday, December 10, 2009

Early Release/Late Start in H.S.?

I plan on taking late start [meaning i get to come to school late, since i have a free period]



during my senior yr, because im gonna get ALL my AP classes and electives done by junior yr.



So by 12th grade ill have some free classes..



my question is, by doing this



Will it affect my admission to college @ all, or how they percieve me,



instead of doing more classes, i chose to do late start/early release



or will it not matter, since ive done well in junior yr... and finished all my classes



BTW MY SENIOR YR i plan it to be like this..



Calculus



AP GOV



Physics



British Lit



Elective



then late start...



Feedback? THANKS



: ]



Early Release/Late Start in H.S.?met opera



You should be fine. Let's hope your writing style is a little more polished when you write your application essays.



Early Release/Late Start in H.S.?movie theatre opera theater



I don't think it will make a difference, because you did take the classes. I think schools recognize that it's your senior year of highschool and you're giving yourself a break! =)
If your academic record is strong, and the classes that you're taking are quality classes (which they are) then this will not hurt you. In my senior year I took an open period just like you're planning to, and it didn't affect my admissability to the schools I wanted. There's nothing wrong with planning your schedule wisely.



you may benefit from reading my blog about college admissions at http://getintoanivy.blogspot.com



good luck and enjoy your late start or early release, you've earned it!
your doing perfectly fine. I didn't do much in Junior year but Senior year I have a similar schedule as your planning on having senior year and I still got accepted to all my colleges. I guess it also depends on where your applying. Most colleges just look at GPA and SAT scores. So if your getting nice grades in moderate classes you'll still do fine. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery