Saturday, December 5, 2009

Does anyone else really struggle getting up in the mornings?

I hit the snooze button about 100 times, and literally consider calling in sick every day because I don't want to get out of bed. I don't have late nights, I lay all my clothes out the night before, I like my job, enjoy coming to work, and every night think "tomorrow I am going to get up with enough time to have breakfast", but instead get up late, having to get dressed and run, and have been between 15 and 40 mins late for work for the last 3 weeks.



When I DO manage to wake up with time to spare, I love the mornings... But whilst I'm still sleepy, it's like I wouldn't care even if I got sacked as long as I don't have to get out of bed.



Thankfully my boss doesn't care what time I get in.



Does anyone have any tips on how to wake up more energised and find it easier to get up?



I drink plenty of water, go to bed reasonably early, and I sleep well....



It's really getting me down, so any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!



Does anyone else really struggle getting up in the mornings?comedy club



im in the same situation, i had a job where i actually told the boss i could'nt make it into work for 7am because i had a "sleeping condition".



its a weird thing because when im contemplating getting up i just couldnt care less about my job or anything really. but there is a way...



i got this portable coffee maker next to my bed at home so i just flick the switch when the alarm goes off and then drink the coffee when its made.



hope this helps you.



Does anyone else really struggle getting up in the mornings?sheet music opera theater



With what I just read, you really shouldn't be experiencing any problems.



I struggle getting up all the time but I blame it all on myself.



I sleep so late...gotta stop it!
You're a night owl.



Like I imagine alot of the people from the US on here now are.
i only struggle to get up when i have to.
Put your alarm over the other side of the room so you have to find it. Maybe a few around the room.



I know what you mean.
I have the most comfortable bed in the world and I find it nearly impossible to leave it...



What I do is have two alarms; a regular alarm and my cell phone alarm and I have them on the other side of the room. My reg alarm will go off and ill turn it off and go back to bed I have the cell phone set for 5 minutes later. When I get up again Im a little more awake and agitated....Been working for me.
Im not a morning person either



and if i was you i wouldnt dismiss your boss and say he doesnt care...even if he doesnt someone might complain



imagine there on time and getting paid the same as you
your boss does'nt care what time you get in? any jobs going?
well i have the same problem and i have a class at 8 in the morning too.. so i know what u are going through.



the thing is u like to sleep so that is why u sleep a lot.. same with me sometimes when i get up early i love it and i can do everything..



the way to improve it is to think mentally that u dunt have any time left and that will make u hury and get things done..



also u should think that taking things like the fact ur boss doesnt care should be replaced by he does care..



that will make u wanna get up fast..



that works for me because in the uni here we have attendance at the beginning of class so if i am late i lose a point so i do everything in my power to be early.



also at the weekends u can relax finish all ur work and snooze then.. ZZZZZZZ
i have the same problem.. part from never make myself late..



started having a shower in the morning though.. used to have my showers at night.. really refreshes you.. and even though iv had a shower iv had more time in the morning than I used to..



should try it.. its gooood!!.. im all up and bubbly now!!. its great! :o).. +
I am exactly the same hunni - I just can't seem to get out of bed too, yesterday I did phone in sick and stayed in bed!!!



I am not lazy or anything like that but just can't seem to get out that bad and the snooze button is like a bloody lifeline to me in the mornings....lol - once I get up I'm ok -



I will look back on your answers cos I need some tips too..........



x
No.
I think you can keep on doing that, what you have to do is simply adjust your watch and alarm to 20 minutes faster than usual time.
yes i do. i go to bed about 10 pm; then i have to wake up for school about 7:45. when i wake up on that moment i really get a hard struggle with myself to get out of my bed and when i did that my head starts shaking. i'm not lazy but just still very tired when i wake up ; i know what you mean!!
I'm the same way. I go to work at 1:30 in the afternoon, have problems getting up at noon, and I fall asleep on my way to work.



I wish I had some advice, other than perhaps seeing a doctor (but there's not much out there).



Perhaps our problem lies with the fact we're online at 4 in the morning (at least here).
I'm exactly the same!!Maybe we should both consider getting an alarm without a snooze button, and putting it at the other end of the room so we have to get up to turn it off! lol



I hate getting outta bed, I always think that I'll get up and have enough time to shower have breakfast and get ready, but I never do!! lol....



I haven't got a good idea for ya mate, otherwise I'd be testing it already! lol
I don't know if this is a bit mental. But I find that eating a bit of protein before going to bed really helps. Something like chicken, if you're not a veggie.



Try it!
I hate going to bed early and i hate getting up i think we are not alone half of the nation are like that :)
Splash some water on your face as soon as you get up. It wakes you to the point where you're up enough to make some coffee and brush your teeth n' stuff....but sometimes I go back to sleep anyways!
Perhaps you have a diagnosable sleep disorder. See your doctor for advice.
Phew I'm not the only one!



I normally have about 8 alarms dotted around the room, sometimes I don't hear any of them! I have to be at work for 7am and if I'm even a minute late my pay gets docked and I'm in trouble!



I went to my doctor about it and she took some blood to see if I was anaemic, which I'm not! Then she said that what could be happening is that when I'm asleep my sub-consciousness is working over time (even though I don't have anything bugging me) which means that it takes alot more to wake me up! She suggested that I tried yoga or something to help my mind relax before I go to bed!



That was a week ago and it seems to have worked! I've actually been early every day last week, which is shocking for me!



Go see your doctor about it and if nothing works, go to a sleep clinic and see what they have to say!



Good luck anyway
I was looking at www.firebox.com today for a birthday present for a work colleague and I saw a really good idea for an alarm clock - basically it has a kind of 'propeller' on the top, when the alarm goes off the propeller flies off, whilt emitting an alarm sound that won't stop until you have located it and placed it back on the alarm clock base. They are about 锟?0.00 I think. Failing that the idea of having a portable coffee maker next to my bed sounds like a good idea!
mmnn.. yeah, i feel the same :P maybe, more than anything is the NOISE the alarm makes!



maybe, there are such things as alarms that make a sweet little noise (it will be enough to wake you up), but it will not kill your head :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery