Thursday, December 10, 2009

Babysitting -- I was late.?

I babysit, two boys, 8 and 10. I walk to the house after school. They are always there a few minutes before me (they ride the bus).



So, out of the SEVEN months ive been babysitting for them, I've only arrived late twice. 3, maybe



The 1st time, my 9th period teacher held me back about work i'd missed, so i was perhaps 3 minutes late. Not Long. The kids were worried, so they called their grandma. When i arrived, they called her back and said everything was ok. I was forgiven.



2.There was a long time between this one and the last. I was on my way when i forgot a school project. I had barely even started walking so i was only 5 minutes late. didnt have fone # when i got there, grandma was called. they let her come this time. She stayed, and had me walk home.



3 was the week after I arrived normal time, but the child said i was late. checked my phone, not late. their clock was 10 minutes ahead. parents r going to have a "talk" with me, my friend told me, she babysits them 2. Wut do i d



Babysitting -- I was late.?headache



my son has a babysitter who is late sometimes. when my hubs and i talked to her, we didnt fire her or anything we just told her to try to be on time from now on. our situation was different than yours, but u should listen until they are finished, then tell ur side of the story. if they dont listen or understand, screw 'em. find new kids to babysit



Babysitting -- I was late.?paramount theater opera theater



Listen to what the parents have to say and explain to them just like you did here, ask them what they recommend you do if your going to be a few minutes late. If you have a cell phone, make sure you have the number to be able to call them and let them know you are running a few minutes late so they don't get worried
The truth! Let them know. They will decide. You live with it. End of story. Truth trumps lie anyday. Let them know the whole story. Hope for the best.
copy paste print what you just wrote and tell them whats on the paper
I would give my 2 weeks notice and say, "This is a great service I do for you, but you are not allowing me reasonable time to get here after school, that is your problem-not mine, I have responsibilities, too, and school comes first, so you will have to make other arrangements because this is my 2 weeks notice. Summer is coming up and there are many new babysitting opportunities out there for me and I can make alot more money and be treated with respect.



Everybody with children needs a babysitter. It would probably take the mom's WHOLE paycheck to pay for day care which runs around $800.00 a month (each child) at the least...do you make that much?



Granny should take the job....for free!
When you accept ANY job you are promising to be there when those who hire you need you to be there. If you can't be there on time because of school then you need to quit the job and take care of your school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery