Saturday, December 5, 2009

Colposcopy, late period & alcohol consumption?

i had a colposcopy in early april %26amp; my 2 periods since then have been irregular. i came off the pill to give my body a break %26amp; was careful but am now 1 week late.



i confused my dates %26amp; thinking i was already late, took a test a week ago. it was negative. i have realised that i am actually only 4 days late today. did i take the test too early?



if i did and i am pregnant i feel sick because, thinking that i wasn't pregnant, i have had several big nights out and have drunk a substantial amount of alcohol. how affected would a child be by what it's mother consumes within the 1st month of pregnancy?



i have been having stomach cramps (didn't get these prior to the op) am bloated %26amp; have been quite emotional however had these same symtoms following the op. are these symptoms something that happens after having a colposcopy and will it continue to happen? could it all be related to me taking a break from the pill?



i have made a docs appt for thurs x



Colposcopy, late period %26amp; alcohol consumption?mr messed up



i had a colposcopy a couple of years ago and my periods have in irregular ever since....i have felt the same way....but i have only had one child since then......but i still feel that way all the time......and i know i am not pregnant...i hope this helps.....if it doesn't you need to contact your doctor...



Colposcopy, late period %26amp; alcohol consumption?getting late opera theater



I had to have a coloposcopy a couple years ago. And I have noticed that my periods are very irregular since then. I don't know about the break from the pill, my ob told me the break probably wouldn't help at all, but maybe for you specific type of pill it will.
Stopping the Pill or starting a new type of pill can alter your periods and could possibly create some or all of the symptoms that you have mentioned.



I've tried a few different things and each one affected my period differently---from way heavier periods to completely non-existent.



The irregularity could simply be your body adjusting to the fact that you've stopped the Pill. Give it a few months and it'll probably straighten right out.



EXCEPT of course, if you did then have sex when you knew you were not on any contraception. Then, of course, you could indeed be pregnant.



It may still be too early for the doctor to be able to check for the pregnancy hormone (by urine sample) when you do have your appointment. But, they may/could send you for the blood test (I believe that they can do that very early on in a pregnancy and it is indeed very, very accurate). At least, then you would know.



Good luck and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery