Saturday, December 5, 2009

Too late for gymnastics?

I turned 16 in May. I really want to learn gymnastics. I know it's too late for me to be competing in the Olympics and that but I don't want to really compete with them. I just want to do flips like backflips, gainers, front flips, and handsprings. All that stuff. Is it too late for me? I work out regularly. I'm a bit flexible. I was like the most flexible guy in my PE Class but that's just a regular PE class. So am I too old? I actually think I might want to be a stuntman too, but I don' twant to get my hopes up because I think it's too late.



Too late for gymnastics?events



It's never too late to learn a few gymnastics skills(ok, maybe when you hit 60 or 70). But like you said, don't expect to be competing in the olympics. If you want to do it, why not go for it? I say jump right in, and have some fun!



Too late for gymnastics?home theatre opera theater



You can still go into gymnastics, you won't be going to the Olympics, but you can still have a blast and stay in shape.
Definately not too late! I quit gymnastics years ago and just picked it back up and im almost 16. Plus, i know alot of guys who were in my class who started at age 17 and 18 who were doing those tricks in just a couple months. i would suggest taking a tumbling class because it sounds like you are more interested in the floor exercise and if you take a tumbling class, they will focas alot more on those tricks so you can learn them faster! good luck!
its not to late, but like you said dont expect to be going to the olympics. I suggest taking a tumbling class instead cause its sound likes your more intrested in that than bars, and vault and stuff. Enjoy, and have fun cause gymnastics is a BLAST!!!
I didn't start gymnastics until it was a few months before my 16th birthday. I know exactly how you're feeling. I really wanted to learn gymnastics because I have always loved the sport, but I was afraid that I would be too old, too. But I went for it anyway, and I think you should, too. And while it was a little embarassing in the beginning because I was in classes with girls half my age, I eventually stopped caring because I was doing something I loved. And I eventually started gettting better. I, like you, knew I would never be going to the Olympics or anything like that, but I wasn't in it for that. I was in it for me. I was something I wanted to try, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Besides, what's the worst that's going to happen? You won't like as much as you had hoped so you just quit. Big deal. At least you can say you tried. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery