Saturday, December 5, 2009

Late Period: Pretty Worried?

My period is about four/five days late now. Last month it was about two days late. It's still in what is considered the normal range for women, but other than last month the last time I can remember it being noticeably late was about six years ago, when I was thirteen.



There are a few things that I think might be effecting me:



-- School's in session, I just got done with midterms and I'm in the middle of transfering to another school, which will be my third in two years, with my fourth major.



-- My sleep has been highly irregular. One night I'll get ten hours of sleep, the next night five.



-- A close relative just had an illness and major surgery, adding stress



-- I'm naturally a stressed out person, I have OCD, but all this adds to it



-- I skip meals a lot.



Could any of this be the cause, or should I be worried?



Sorry it's such a long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Late Period: Pretty Worried?dream theater



i wouldn't be worried at all. I sometimes go 2 weeks without one



Late Period: Pretty Worried?performing arts opera theater



yes all that



alot of stress or excitment can cause a late period



also lack of sleep and irregular meals can cause it also because ur body is not getting enough nutrients
ok well seeing as i have that same problem ALL of the time, mine is constantly irregular because of stress, lack of sleep, and irregular eating habbits, i think you have nothing to worry about.... yet.



if it gets to the point where its like a week overdue, you might want to (NOT FREAK) and go to the doctors.....



i may be wrong, i may be right. im just telling you what i'd do.



-hope i helped,



--Ashley
I don't think you should be too worried. I think it's just the amount of stress that you're having on yourself. maybe if you calm down and relax for a while, your period wouldn't be so irregularly timed.
Eh, yeah all those things can affect your period. More things affect us as we get older, too.



If you've had sex then wait til you are a week late and get a home preggers test.



Just to make sure.



Good luck to you,



D
1 in 5 women have irregular periods. If you've been stressed, lack of sleep, and a diet too high or too low in fat, calcium, and iron causes late and missed menstrual periods. If its not pregnancy, then your fine. There may only be a problem if your period is more than 3 months late and your not pregnant. I have had irregular periods for years due to hormone imbalance (3 or 4 months lapse some times), so I've done the research. Your fine. Look up relaxation methods, excercise, and eat 3-6 small meals a day, or just take vitamin supplements. You'll be back on track.
All of those things could lead to added stress which could throw off your cycle. If this is really bothersome to you, one way to get on a regular cycle would be to start taking birth control pills. Even if you aren't having sex. It will put you on a normal schedule every month. Your period will start the same day every month
All those things could be a good reason why your period is late... I would just wait it out hun!! And try to calm yourself down... if you don't get it in a week or so, maybe you should go see your doctor. I don't know if your sexually active or not... it's none of my business... but if you are... you could also tak a pregnancy test... just to make sure!!!



Well, good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery